Added Jul 7, 2013
Narrowly avoided disaster with these shorts. They are based on June 2013 pattern, 111B . I chose my fabric, traced the pattern , pinned it on, cut out all the pieces before I realised I hadn’t allowed for the seam allowance! Arrrrr . I didn’t want waste the fabric, I quickly sewed it all together and yes they were too small, I then re-sewed them , sewing as close to the edge of the fabric as possible. I had to leave out the front darts and make the back darts smaller. They are finished and fit despite my error. The pattern is very easy to follow and I will make more shorts for the summer ( with seam allowances!). I added side pockets and made them about an inch longer than the pattern.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
Fashion & Trends
Three takes on how to wear a menswear essential.
Member Project of the Week
A gorgeous confection with a surprise peach chiffon layer.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.