Added Jul 7, 2013
Narrowly avoided disaster with these shorts. They are based on June 2013 pattern, 111B . I chose my fabric, traced the pattern , pinned it on, cut out all the pieces before I realised I hadn’t allowed for the seam allowance! Arrrrr . I didn’t want waste the fabric, I quickly sewed it all together and yes they were too small, I then re-sewed them , sewing as close to the edge of the fabric as possible. I had to leave out the front darts and make the back darts smaller. They are finished and fit despite my error. The pattern is very easy to follow and I will make more shorts for the summer ( with seam allowances!). I added side pockets and made them about an inch longer than the pattern.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.