Added Jul 7, 2013
Narrowly avoided disaster with these shorts. They are based on June 2013 pattern, 111B . I chose my fabric, traced the pattern , pinned it on, cut out all the pieces before I realised I hadn’t allowed for the seam allowance! Arrrrr . I didn’t want waste the fabric, I quickly sewed it all together and yes they were too small, I then re-sewed them , sewing as close to the edge of the fabric as possible. I had to leave out the front darts and make the back darts smaller. They are finished and fit despite my error. The pattern is very easy to follow and I will make more shorts for the summer ( with seam allowances!). I added side pockets and made them about an inch longer than the pattern.
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.