Save up all the days
Added Sep 29, 2010
this is a shirt which i ended up making, purely because i want to use the sweet green velour fabric that i found in our fabric bin in school! i was hoping to completely make a mini kinda bodice from it, but it turns out i didnt even have enough for that. So its just the fron and back panels. i made to pattern from a fittd blouse block which we made in class to fit us individually. quite fun
anywho i also wanted to use this fabric (the green and white buttom with cut outs) that my grandma had given me from her stash when i was last there.
i also wanted to do something funky and encorperate maroon/red ribbon in with it, (but as my dad says…red and green should not be seen without a colour inbetween….) the ribbon was just pinned on in this pattern and i tried a fair bit to get them symetrical, but they deffinately are not perfect!!
i also made the buttons down the back, and have never rly done that before (in theory they are easy…but when u dont have something to snap the two button pieces together and have to use your teeth…) as well as that i managed to choose a awful combination of fabrics to sew. all the ones on the top bodice section fray horribly easily, so badly i had to use bias tape to finish off all the inside seams.
anyway im rly happy with the end result, i like the bow at the front (then the red ribbon dangleing in the pics at the back is ment to be a bow….it just came undone as i put it in)
i just like it
that is all…enjoy my rant and hopefully my top
p.s. thanks to my friend james spring for the lovely photos
green velour, awesome weaved cotton which frays very easily. red + maroon ribbon, white cut out cotton with green painted patterns and cut outs