Added Oct 26, 2012
I had a bit of satin laying around and found a scrap of tulle that was left over from shortening a dress and so this blouse was born. I used the same pattern as I did for my first project, however, I didn’t have enough material to cut on a bias. Instead I added an invisible zipper to the back (thanks for your help, Mom!) as well as bust, front and back darts to give some shape. The collar and sleeves are made from tulle; the sleeves are finished off with lingerie elastic.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.