Added Oct 26, 2012
I had a bit of satin laying around and found a scrap of tulle that was left over from shortening a dress and so this blouse was born. I used the same pattern as I did for my first project, however, I didn’t have enough material to cut on a bias. Instead I added an invisible zipper to the back (thanks for your help, Mom!) as well as bust, front and back darts to give some shape. The collar and sleeves are made from tulle; the sleeves are finished off with lingerie elastic.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.