Added Feb 13, 2009
I had fun making this vest. I designed my own vest a while back, but I haven’t yet created a wearable version. Immediately when I saw the Franzi on BurdaStyle, i decided to give it a go – a sort of ‘practice’ before having a go at my own design. I used this polished cotton drill my grandmother gave me a while back. I made the exterior of the vest about a year and a half ago, and it sat there festering until a month ago when I bought this beautiful floral fabric to line it (it was a remnant, so it only cost $1). The buttons I scavenged from my button box. I especially like the cute flower button on the pocket. I’m on the lookout for buttons that might suit the front a little better. I double stitched all seams, which I think really made it look less handmade.
Unfortunately it’s too tight around my arms. If I’m feeling bored one day, I might unpick it and fix it up.
black polished cotton drill; cotton floral; 4 brown buttons; 1 flower button; 1 d-ring for the back tie
BurdaStyle for the pattern, and me, I guess!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.