Added Sep 12, 2011
I made a few dresses for a lady who is wanted to release a collection, but has now decided not too.
I worked alongside another seamstress who has alot of experience. I made the base block for the dresses and she then made the final patterns.
The bodice is fully boned and the whole dress is lined. Drapped the bodie overlay of chiffon, and then handstitched the chiffon. Unfortunately these pics on me it sits a bit funny and doesnt look as nice as it is because it doesnt fit me right :(
The skirt for this dress has a 3 tier petticoat, 2 layers of tulle, the satin and an organza layer onto. I got to use my rolled hem on my new machine for the first time, and its really nice and easy! I will be finishing i think more garments with this stitch.
These dresses are made for a size 6 waist and probably about a size 12 bust. So they dont fit me overly well, but still a bit nicer than putting them on my quite old dress manequin.
Audrey satin, Silk organza, brial tulle, chiffon, invisible zipper, boning
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.