Added Oct 10, 2011
London, United K...
My daughter needed a new party dress and who was I to refuse! I got lucky with finding the fabric in an Oxfam shop for the grand sum of £2.50 and snapped up the lace from my favourite local market stall. I had a fight with the static caused when I was sewing but overall its a great fabric and suits the style perfectly.
The pattern was very much thanks to Burda Style magazine, November 2010 issue. The only changes I made were to line the bodice. It gave the dress more structure. The original pattern instructions called for bias trim around the neckline. And I omitted the suggestion of bias flowers on the bodice and used the lace trim instead. I have tried to find the pattern on here but no joy unfortunately.
More details over at ooobop!
PS: Have now found the link to the Ribbon Dress
Synthetic silky fabric and lace
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.