Added Oct 10, 2011
London, United K...
My daughter needed a new party dress and who was I to refuse! I got lucky with finding the fabric in an Oxfam shop for the grand sum of £2.50 and snapped up the lace from my favourite local market stall. I had a fight with the static caused when I was sewing but overall its a great fabric and suits the style perfectly.
The pattern was very much thanks to Burda Style magazine, November 2010 issue. The only changes I made were to line the bodice. It gave the dress more structure. The original pattern instructions called for bias trim around the neckline. And I omitted the suggestion of bias flowers on the bodice and used the lace trim instead. I have tried to find the pattern on here but no joy unfortunately.
More details over at ooobop!
PS: Have now found the link to the Ribbon Dress
Synthetic silky fabric and lace
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.