Added May 17, 2010
This is a dress I designed from an old slip (see last photo). I had a vision for a cream ruffled dress and to my amazement I found just the slip I needed at Goodwill! I pulled it all apart, drafted the under dress from an old bedsheet and then used the pattern pieces to selectively cut the slip. I made a princess-seamed bodice with an A-line skirt. I had to repair a small tear in the lace on the front. Because of the limited slip fabric, the ruffles are attached to just a beige colored used bedsheet. It is fully lined and has an invisible zipper in the back. I ended up cutting out 2" strips of fabric with my mom’s rotary cutter, ruffling each with a basting stitch and then stitching them down on the skirt. I am really happy with the result!
The first pictures are from the same fashion shoot as a coup of my earlier garments (Fountain of Youth, Origami Butterfly Skirt, etc.) and then there are some pictures of the fashion school my school just put on, called ‘So Fresh, Sew Green’
Some sort of synthetic slip, cotton (maybe blended) sheets.