Added Oct 9, 2012
Dallas, Texas, U...
Other adjustments I made were to raise the v-neck 2 inches, remove the shoulder ruching on the back pieces, and raised the waist one inch. The patterns calls for the lining to be constructed just like the fashion fabric, including all that ruching. I would have much preferred to be provided with a separate lining pattern that did not require all that bulk. I left off the lining and finished the neck and arm openings with steam-A-seam Lite 2…..my first time using that and it turned out great. I turned the hem up and finished with a twin needle.
Working with knits is pretty new to me and I found that all the seams behaved really well if I pressed them flat on both sides before pressing open.
I absolutely love this dress in a knit and plan to make a couple more versions.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.