Added Jan 13, 2009
I chose the Eva jacket and the Nichola pants to alter.
With the Eva jacket I:
1. Took 4cm from either side of the centre front (so that the two just meet in the middle- no buttons now)
2. Took 4cm from each of the collar ends and trued a new line for the collar ends
3. Made new facing for centre front.
4. Omitted the sleeves and created facing for the armholes
5. Omitted the front darts only
6. Omitted the pockets
7. Sew as per instructions
With the Nichola pants I:
1. Reduced the hemline of the pants to knee length
2. Added pockets in the front of the now shorts
3. Omitted the flap on the back pocket
4. Sew as per instructions
I added the obi belt to create a defined waistline. My obi belt is white on one side and a green/grey colour on the other. Or you could add your own belt :)!
I thought because it was a suit for spring it would nice to see a shorts variation and a sleeveless jacket to accompany it.
Even better….i’d love to be wearing this in a classic convertible with a scarf around my hair, big sunglasses, on my way with my girlfriends to St. Tropez! Bliss!
Cotton drill, cotton linen, zipper, buttons
Burdastyle for patterns :)
Me for altering them
Hubby for taking photos (good job)
Check out Kate Middleton's stand-out spring dress
Pattern of the Week
You’ll want to wear this dress to tiki parties, spring weddings, and afternoon dates...
Sewing & Techniques
Check out Meg's Sweetheart Dress project and how she made it!
Hit the road in easy dresses, slouchy tees, and bootcut pants.
Be the face of one of our exclusive patterns on BurdaStyle.com!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.