Added Jan 5, 2012
Los Angeles, Cal...
I used a vintage dress pattern from the early 60s to make this dress out of vintage Star Wars sheets. I did consider using a pattern from the same year as the sheets (1977!), but decided I don’t love 70s fashion enough :\ All in all, the materials and pattern cost a total of $6.50. I love thrift stores!
The bodice ended up a little too big, and the skirt hem a little wonky, but I still love how unique this dress is. Also, Darth Vader can stare menacingly at everyone who gets in my way!
More photos and details here.
50/50 cotton/poly blend sheets for both the shell and lining, seam binding, zipper, hook and eye
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.