Added Jan 5, 2012
Los Angeles, Cal...
I used a vintage dress pattern from the early 60s to make this dress out of vintage Star Wars sheets. I did consider using a pattern from the same year as the sheets (1977!), but decided I don’t love 70s fashion enough :\ All in all, the materials and pattern cost a total of $6.50. I love thrift stores!
The bodice ended up a little too big, and the skirt hem a little wonky, but I still love how unique this dress is. Also, Darth Vader can stare menacingly at everyone who gets in my way!
More photos and details here.
50/50 cotton/poly blend sheets for both the shell and lining, seam binding, zipper, hook and eye
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.