Added May 16, 2013
I used wool crepe for this dress, and I also lined it. It came together pretty easily, but had to widen the sleeves and the armholes, as they fall out quite small (or I gained weight at my arms and shoulders). I also put in a handpicked zipper at the back.
By chance, I found out that I own the issue from 1967 with this pattern in it!
More on my blog: Marie in the cave
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.