Added May 16, 2013
I used wool crepe for this dress, and I also lined it. It came together pretty easily, but had to widen the sleeves and the armholes, as they fall out quite small (or I gained weight at my arms and shoulders). I also put in a handpicked zipper at the back.
By chance, I found out that I own the issue from 1967 with this pattern in it!
More on my blog: Marie in the cave
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.