Added Jun 13, 2012
I made this dress from a vintage pattern from 1968 as an experiment, as I wasn’t sure if it would be too girly for me, or the color too eye-catching. But I’m quite happy with how it came out. Since this was a spontaneous project on a sunday afternoon and I had no matching zipper, I put in a center lapped (white) zipper. I also didn’t sew the whole back darts, but only the upper parts of it, leaving the lower parts as a sort of pleats.
You can read more on my blog.
Pink cotton poplin
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.