Added Apr 26, 2008
, United Arab E...
I made this out of an old bedsheet…
It’s a pattern I found online and I made it last summer when I had nothing to do. The pattern fitted me perfectly but I had to scale it up onto foolscap paper to make it into a pattern. The bodice part was easy but I had to invent my own method of pleating/draping the skirt as the instructions were not very comprehensive.
White cotton, muslin scraps
My mum for giving me the sheet,
for the pattern.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.