Added Sep 7, 2013
by wu huimei
Yay! My third cambie is done. This time in red cotton swiss dots, and better fitting as I tweaked the pattern sizes a bit.
Inspired by the original Tasia red cambie dress:)
Just finished this dress in time for the Super Online Sewing Community Match. Will also be entering my negroni shirt in it as well:)
More on my blog: sewashley.blogspot.com
Red Cotton Swiss Dots from fabric.com, Lining I used 3 different types of fabric- for the bodice I used cotton broadcloth as the swiss dots is a bit thin n flimsy, for the waistband lining I used back the self fabric to reduce bulk and lastly the skirting I used rayon lining fabric. All the materials are from stash, that is why the invisible zipper is pink. As that is the closest matching zipper I have available for use.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.