Red Stripe Dress
Added Mar 19, 2012
I made this dress for a formal event and I finished it litterally 10minutes before I had to leave! Haha talk about cutting it (pun intending!) close! The dress is based off of a Dior design that I saw a while back, but with a couple design adjustments. The pattern is my own.
All of the piping that you see on the bodice was hand sewn. The feathers on the skirt were sewn onto tulle panels using a baste stich and then they are hand sewn onto the tulle skirt. The zipper in the back is just attached to the bodice, then there’s a placket with snaps sewn on, that connects the rest of the skirt. That way the zipper doesn’t get in the way of the feathers. The dress is fully lined, but I’m thinking of going back and adding some pockets to the dress…I’m a huge fan of pockets! I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out (although I’ll be fine with not doing a project that involves hand sewing for a while. haha) I hope that you like it :)
Black sheet, black lining, red tulle, bias tape, invisable zipper, snaps, hook and eyes.