Added Aug 17, 2010
This is a shirt I made using the JJ Pattern.
It’s a project I’ve been wanting to do ever since I registered with BurdaStyle, and finally found the time to make it. After the piecing together of the printed parts, and cutting the fabric, it took me a week to make.
I found the instructions very easy to follow. I was a little afraid of the bit regarding the sleeve slits, so I used a technique called “Easy sleeve slit on JJ” by squirrellypoo, and it was a piece of cake!! Thanks a lot squirrellypoo!!! :))
I fitted the whole body of the shirt, this took me a little while, and decided to add the red pipping in the front, to highlight the red dots, and match the hem of the ruffles and the buttons. This meant that I had to make a separate front band. That way I inserted the 1st ruffle behind the bands, the 2nd in the place of the 1st, and the 3rd in the place of the 2nd (no ruffle inserted in the princess seams). I wanted the ruffled part to look more “condensed”.
I’m very happy with the result!! the princess seams fit very well, and I’m already thinking of making a new one with some other alterations…
red pipping: 2m
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.