Added Mar 21, 2012
by lisa g
i made the pastille from the colette patterns handbook. i used a red cotton/rayon blend twill fabric i bought for super cheap! i underlined the bodice for structure because it was a loose weave and i wanted to keep it from shifting out of shape.
initially i wasn’t totally in love with this pattern but the feminine details really grew on me so i decided to give it a try. i had seen some major fitting issues on this dress which i easily worked out on my muslin.
that last pic is a shot of the inside before the zipper was inserted and facings tacked down.
more details on the blog! notes from a mad housewife
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.