Red Leaves Dress
Added Aug 23, 2009
London, United K...
I’m so ridiculously happy with the way this dress turned out, I actually danced round my room in it once I finished it.
It was a lot easier to make than I was expecting, I totally thought I’d have to spend time unpicking at least part of it but it worked first time.
The thing I’ve learnt to do with Burda patterns is keep the paper pieces with the fabric so you can see rather than guess which seams go together. I sewed the Bella waistband back to front the first time.
The fabric was an Ikea offcut bargain and as I was cutting it out I was worried the red leaves pattern was too big and was going to end up looking a mess but it worked out pretty well.
I skipped the button holes, the straps are sewn to the dress because I hate doing buttonholes. I also added a couple of darts to the top at the back to stop it gaping.