Added Dec 16, 2009
I used Dress 8 from one of my one of my japanese sewing books – Mama girl wardrobe (ISBN978-4-8347-2756-2)- as the base. But i changed up the pattern quite a bit. Here’s what i did: divided the bodice from the skirt panel at the low waist, cut the skirt part on the bias, raised the neckline and slimmed down the sleeve significantly. I also cut the tiers on the bias and left them and the bottom hem raw edged but sewed a stay stitch for stability.
At last, i stitched on the lace on the back – as an eye catcher.
blogged at http://seekyogicstyle.wordpress.com
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.