Red Dragon Dress
Added Sep 12, 2011
I made this dress in a 24 hour sort of frenzy for my university ball. It is an adaptation of Vogue V8701, which I had made before (which really helped with the speed sewing). First time adapting a pattern, which was an interesting experience – only had to make one slight adjustment on the actual dress. I was happy to have had time to even finish the lining! I’m a bit socially awkward in photos, but oh well :)
Also, this is actually the second time I’ve posted it today because I accidentally deleted my original post somehow. Technology win for me!
I used a silk/rayon blend. It frayed a lot, and so every loose edge needed to be overlocked.