Added Jun 20, 2014
This dress used up the leftovers from the Red Nabbeg Dress [http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/red-nabbeg/] with some black jersey also in my scrap bin. I photoshopped a picture of me wearing the Red Nabbeg to check my idea of where the lines of black should be. I didn’t have enough red jersey so I did the back yoke in black. The lower part of the dress has three pieces of red (no side seam on the right) which I made by adding the two distances together. I’m not too excited about my binding job but you can’t see it from a distance!
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.