Added Mar 13, 2009
I found this awesome, huge sportscoat in a dollar/pound pile at a thrift store. I added a hood to the Hikaru pattern, and made a few other modifications. I ended up keeping the hem from the original coat, as well as the front facings and the cuffs. The hood and side panels are made out of a red corduroy shirt, and I lined it in a seafoam green toile. This is the first time in a while that I’ve spent a lot of time making one thing, and I’m really happy with how it turned out!
old herringbone sportscoat, red corduroy shirt, cotton toile.
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.