Added Aug 20, 2013
This used to be a curtain that someone was going to take to donate to the thrift shop. It is 100% cotton on both the green striped and the lining fabric. I decided not to detach the lining from the curtain, but instead to sew it all as if one layer. I know, the seams are not neatly finished because of that. I don’t really care right now.
It is a little big on me because I tried to enlarge portions of the pattern to fit my frame, and it turns out the original pattern size would have fit perfectly.
I used Anajan’s african dress pattern. Loved it and I plan to make more dresses like this one.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
The results are in! Check out our winning submission.
Daydream about fall sewing with boho layers, oversized jackets, and a leopard pencil skirt.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.