Added Aug 15, 2010
This dress I made last Saturday afternoon while it was raining outside. This is the first "fitted"dress that I made for myself using a pattern that called for darts (gasp-way beyond my sewing abilities) but I wanted to move on to better fitting dresses. I thought darts would be harder to sew but I practiced on some scrap material till I got it. I used Butterwick B5317 for the fitted bodice and I used my own bias cut pattern for the skirt. I also added ruffles for the cap sleeves (that was my own design added to the bodice). Super easy to make ruffles on my serger-I finished the edging of the ruffles that way. To add some contrast I added my fav-white bias binding. This dress took me day to finish but I really like the fit so I think the next dress I sew I will use the the same patterns with different fabric.
cotton-pique, white bias tape
Pattern of the Week
This slim-fit dress makes a perfect cocktail dress for this time of year!
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
Celebrate with lovely dresses, sparkly dolman tees, and an embellished peplum skirt.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.