Quick Bambi slip
Added May 11, 2010
This is the slip I made off the Bambi pattern for my Printemps & Jonquilles dress. My dress was very sheer, and I really wanted to wear it and do a little photo shoot the following day, but did not want to have to run all over trying to find a slip. A quick look online told me that a trip to the mall would be wasted, anyway (as usual!). So after a swift search on BurdaStyle, I found the Bambi pattern and decided to give it a go.
I had just enough charmeuse left from my wedding gown. I lengthened the pattern quite a bit, forget now how much. But it still fell too high above the knee to look right under my dress. I realized that this was because the pattern had a second piece sewn on the bottom, so probably whatever length I added would have been there anyway. So much for my haste!
Not a fan of posting half-nude photos, but here goes. Also, the photo shoot was pretty darn cold…my legs and arms were purple by the time I came inside to take these. Nothing a little black & white can’t fix.
All in all, this was a quick fix. I probably won’t wear this as a slip, unless under a short dress. But I will definitely wear it as intended, as a chemise!
silk charmeuse, 1/4 inch elastic, thread