Added Jul 2, 2010
I’m more than happy with the way this top came out. Based on the Sew Liberated Schoolhouse Tunic, I decided to add ruffles based on tutorial from Happy Find blog site . I really think the ruffle makes the tunic.
Modifications: Used sizing 14-16 – I shortened the hemline quite dramatically about 5 cms & shortened the sleeves by 2.5cms. I did sew in sides of top after fitting, by about 2.5cms on either side as was quite boxy. Still is boxy on the back view. Next time will shape body .
One thing I did notice is that I didn’t have to gather the sleeves as per instructions, not sure why.
Fabric : Kokka Micro Spot Double Gauze. I ordered 2.5 m, but I could easily have gotten away with 2.20 m as I shortened the length quite a bit.
Some more lace from my grandmother’s stash.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.