Added May 13, 2009
I use JJ’s bodice sloper/block for the upper part of the dress. The lower parts are just 2 rectangles the width of the fabric, The front rectangle is cut in half for the opening. I was experimenting with unfinished edges (or maybe I’m just lazy), so I didn’t use any facings, except for self-facings for the front opening. To prevent further fraying, the raw edges are double stitched about 1 cm from the edges. The buttons are all in different shapes.
The hat pattern is from a Japanese pattern book, but I made the brim slightly wider.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.