Added Dec 1, 2011
Based on the 60’s dress by Alexandra. I made a muslin of her template and I would guess that it’s about a size US 0. For each piece I had to add 1" to the sides (+ seam allowance) to get it up to my size, US 4.
My brief sewing steps:
- sew darts (exterior & lining)
- attach front & back at shoulders (exterior & lining)
- sew lining to exterior, RST, around neck & back peep hole
- attach sleeve, sewing through exterior & lining, but starting & ending 3/8" (my seam allowance) from beginning & end.
- tuck aside the lining & sew the sleeve seam & side seam (one continuous seam)
- sew lining for that side
- on the other side, again tuck aside the lining & sew the sleeve seam & side seam (one continuous seam), end at zipper starting point
- install invisible zipper
- finish sewing side seam for exterior
- sew the lining to the zipper in the zipper seam allowance (this can be tricky!)
- finish lining side seam
About 1.5 yards exterior, 1 yd lining. 58" wide fabric
Fashion & Trends
Save 40% On 27 Stunning Dress Patterns with the code NYE2014!
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.