Added Dec 1, 2011
Based on the 60’s dress by Alexandra. I made a muslin of her template and I would guess that it’s about a size US 0. For each piece I had to add 1" to the sides (+ seam allowance) to get it up to my size, US 4.
My brief sewing steps:
- sew darts (exterior & lining)
- attach front & back at shoulders (exterior & lining)
- sew lining to exterior, RST, around neck & back peep hole
- attach sleeve, sewing through exterior & lining, but starting & ending 3/8" (my seam allowance) from beginning & end.
- tuck aside the lining & sew the sleeve seam & side seam (one continuous seam)
- sew lining for that side
- on the other side, again tuck aside the lining & sew the sleeve seam & side seam (one continuous seam), end at zipper starting point
- install invisible zipper
- finish sewing side seam for exterior
- sew the lining to the zipper in the zipper seam allowance (this can be tricky!)
- finish lining side seam
About 1.5 yards exterior, 1 yd lining. 58" wide fabric
Enter the code EARLYBLACKFRIDAY at checkout to save
Pattern of the Week
Seams divide the front for a detail minimalists will love! (This pattern is also a part of our sale)
We have marked down 50 sewing pattern to $2.99 only until Monday, so hurry!
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.