Added Dec 1, 2011
Based on the 60’s dress by Alexandra. I made a muslin of her template and I would guess that it’s about a size US 0. For each piece I had to add 1" to the sides (+ seam allowance) to get it up to my size, US 4.
My brief sewing steps:
- sew darts (exterior & lining)
- attach front & back at shoulders (exterior & lining)
- sew lining to exterior, RST, around neck & back peep hole
- attach sleeve, sewing through exterior & lining, but starting & ending 3/8" (my seam allowance) from beginning & end.
- tuck aside the lining & sew the sleeve seam & side seam (one continuous seam)
- sew lining for that side
- on the other side, again tuck aside the lining & sew the sleeve seam & side seam (one continuous seam), end at zipper starting point
- install invisible zipper
- finish sewing side seam for exterior
- sew the lining to the zipper in the zipper seam allowance (this can be tricky!)
- finish lining side seam
About 1.5 yards exterior, 1 yd lining. 58" wide fabric
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
Pattern of the Week
This slim-fit dress makes a perfect cocktail dress for this time of year!
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.