Added Jan 8, 2012
it’s a dress I sewed for a little girl who wanted to look like a princess…and guess what is the favorite color of princesses? : )
I used the Burda pattern 4364 and I added some modifications:
- I sewed two overskirts; one in white tulle and another in light pink organza
- I doubled the sleeve by adding a layer of organza
- I replaced the tulle petticoat whith a crinoline and a bumroll
- I used eyelets in back instead of a zip
- I added 4 plastics boning; two in front and two in back
- I sewed bias around the neck and on sleeves
satin, organza, tulle, taffetas, eyelets, ribbon, strass, hotfix, boning, bias
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Check out Meg's latest mash up and see other BurdaStyle member's variations!
Sporty dresses, oversized cardigans, and easy tops in jersey and knits.
Pattern of the Week
This boho lace top is the perfect piece to start wearing this time of year.
NEW on BurdaStyle Videos!
Becky MacKinnon will guide you through each step of sewing the stylish BurdaStyle Crossover Pant
How to Grow Your Creative Business: Expand Your Portfolio and Reach a New Market
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.