Added Jan 8, 2012
it’s a dress I sewed for a little girl who wanted to look like a princess…and guess what is the favorite color of princesses? : )
I used the Burda pattern 4364 and I added some modifications:
- I sewed two overskirts; one in white tulle and another in light pink organza
- I doubled the sleeve by adding a layer of organza
- I replaced the tulle petticoat whith a crinoline and a bumroll
- I used eyelets in back instead of a zip
- I added 4 plastics boning; two in front and two in back
- I sewed bias around the neck and on sleeves
satin, organza, tulle, taffetas, eyelets, ribbon, strass, hotfix, boning, bias
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.