Added Jan 8, 2012
it’s a dress I sewed for a little girl who wanted to look like a princess…and guess what is the favorite color of princesses? : )
I used the Burda pattern 4364 and I added some modifications:
- I sewed two overskirts; one in white tulle and another in light pink organza
- I doubled the sleeve by adding a layer of organza
- I replaced the tulle petticoat whith a crinoline and a bumroll
- I used eyelets in back instead of a zip
- I added 4 plastics boning; two in front and two in back
- I sewed bias around the neck and on sleeves
satin, organza, tulle, taffetas, eyelets, ribbon, strass, hotfix, boning, bias
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.