Added Jan 8, 2012
it’s a dress I sewed for a little girl who wanted to look like a princess…and guess what is the favorite color of princesses? : )
I used the Burda pattern 4364 and I added some modifications:
- I sewed two overskirts; one in white tulle and another in light pink organza
- I doubled the sleeve by adding a layer of organza
- I replaced the tulle petticoat whith a crinoline and a bumroll
- I used eyelets in back instead of a zip
- I added 4 plastics boning; two in front and two in back
- I sewed bias around the neck and on sleeves
satin, organza, tulle, taffetas, eyelets, ribbon, strass, hotfix, boning, bias
Hit the city streets in adventurous looks with utilitarian details like cargo pockets and belts.
Twists on feminine classics, like a bold patterned shift dress and pants with a racing stripe.
Member Project of the Week
Short jackets like this zebra print bomber by Anniemollison are a must for spring.
The latest pattern bundle features nine vintage reissues from the 50s and 60s.
Pick one of 5 patterns for a new kind of sew along
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.