Added Jan 8, 2012
it’s a dress I sewed for a little girl who wanted to look like a princess…and guess what is the favorite color of princesses? : )
I used the Burda pattern 4364 and I added some modifications:
- I sewed two overskirts; one in white tulle and another in light pink organza
- I doubled the sleeve by adding a layer of organza
- I replaced the tulle petticoat whith a crinoline and a bumroll
- I used eyelets in back instead of a zip
- I added 4 plastics boning; two in front and two in back
- I sewed bias around the neck and on sleeves
satin, organza, tulle, taffetas, eyelets, ribbon, strass, hotfix, boning, bias
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
Celebrate with lovely dresses, sparkly dolman tees, and an embellished peplum skirt.
This week’s new BurdaStyle Videos release is "Sewing a Thread-Chain Belt Loop." Check it out!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.