Added Jan 8, 2012
it’s a dress I sewed for a little girl who wanted to look like a princess…and guess what is the favorite color of princesses? : )
I used the Burda pattern 4364 and I added some modifications:
- I sewed two overskirts; one in white tulle and another in light pink organza
- I doubled the sleeve by adding a layer of organza
- I replaced the tulle petticoat whith a crinoline and a bumroll
- I used eyelets in back instead of a zip
- I added 4 plastics boning; two in front and two in back
- I sewed bias around the neck and on sleeves
satin, organza, tulle, taffetas, eyelets, ribbon, strass, hotfix, boning, bias
Sewing & Techniques
Check out Meg's Sweetheart Dress project and how she made it!
Hit the road in easy dresses, slouchy tees, and bootcut pants.
Be the face of one of our exclusive patterns on BurdaStyle.com!
Fashion & Trends
Swoon for these gorgeous dresses straight off the runway!
Member Project of the Week
See how just a piece of sheer satin transforms this beginner friendly dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.