Added Aug 28, 2013
I made this few months back for my cousins wedding. Its the Indian blouse with little alteration, I used princess seams. Its fully lined with cotton, half flower cut out at back, the center of the flower was supposed to be a round but it became some other shape after I hand sewed the off-white trim to it, I am holding it in place with a nude lining material underneath but looking for other options, the front portion of blouse was cut on bias. for the center of the flower I used embroidery and trim from the saari. For the blouse I dint use the fabric they gave with the saari and went ahead n bought this material and it turned out to be a pain to work with, It frays like hell, and the bits and pieces of the pattern(my own) made me feel very stressed while handling it. It looks very shiny in the pictures taken indoors but not so much outdoors. I hand sewed beaded trim to the edges of the sleeve and the front neck line.
The Saari was two colored chiffon, had some rhinestones on it, but I ended up sticking some more of the rhinestones. Also I added another row of borders to the existing border. I pre-stitched the pleats of the Saari that fall from waist, keeping it together with a paisely design and trim from the saari itself.
Blend, Chiffon, Beaded trim, acrylic rhinestones
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.