Added Jan 3, 2011
I found this vintage fabric at the Salvation Army for only a couple dollars, and loved the stripes. However, it was hell to work with. It’s the kind of fabric that runs like pantyhose, and matching the stripes down the side was horrible. I really wrestled with this pattern as well. It was oceans too big, which didn’t help the wide, low cut neck. It was difficult to take in because of the raglan sleeve. I took it apart and remade it about three times, before I gave up and changed the neckline by topstitching below the bust and sewing up the two front pieces. My only triumph was matching the stripes along the seams below the bust. I still love the stripes, though!!
Some kind of olyester knit (never again!)
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.