Added May 2, 2014
Ivancna Gorica, ...
I got an idea to make a peplum shirt out of jersey. I choose this wonderful polka dots fabric. I made a strange combination of my own pattern for the top part and as always a wonderful Burda pattern – Burda 8/ 2012, mod. 113/114. I wanted to simplify the Burda pattern because I used a stretch fabric I could afford to make pieces without the zipper and Abnaher. I made my life difficult because I had, again, less fabric then I needed. I had only 1 m of this fabric and now I see that I would probably need at least 1,20 m. Because the top parts are cut in 1 piece.
I did some weird cuts on the sleeves. I didn’t even have enough fabric for the neckline or the sleeve’s cuffs but never mind, I used some black jersey. I love the pattern – I love the back tail, the fact that it’s longer at the back than at the front. The peplum – lttle skirt – just sits perfectly. I also love the batwing sleeves – it’s my new obssession. So, the peplum is taken from Burda magazine but the top part was traced around one of my knitted sweaters and it was adjusted to these specific pattern. Can’t wait to do more in different colours and patterns.
Check out my homepage for a pattern download – http://minxplace.blogspot.com/.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.