Added Aug 29, 2010
London, United K...
So I’d been seeing all these open-back dresses all summer, the one that stood out the most was one from Urban Outfitters. I thought it would be great fun to have an open back dress, and I needed a project for this fabric. The problem was that I only had less than a meter of it! Instead I decided to make it a playsuit, which worked out perfectly.
I’ve wanted a playsuit all summer, something I can run around in without fear of exposing my undies :)
I used a pattern for the shorts, but extended it to make them high waisted. This is the first time I’ve ever made a pair of shorts! I think it turned out quire well. Also my first time making pleats, I’m such a beginner!
It has a zip in the back, and snaps on the top and it’s fully lined :)
I also posted about it on my blog :)
1 meter polka dotted fabric, leftover linen for lining
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.