Added Aug 29, 2010
London, United K...
So I’d been seeing all these open-back dresses all summer, the one that stood out the most was one from Urban Outfitters. I thought it would be great fun to have an open back dress, and I needed a project for this fabric. The problem was that I only had less than a meter of it! Instead I decided to make it a playsuit, which worked out perfectly.
I’ve wanted a playsuit all summer, something I can run around in without fear of exposing my undies :)
I used a pattern for the shorts, but extended it to make them high waisted. This is the first time I’ve ever made a pair of shorts! I think it turned out quire well. Also my first time making pleats, I’m such a beginner!
It has a zip in the back, and snaps on the top and it’s fully lined :)
I also posted about it on my blog :)
1 meter polka dotted fabric, leftover linen for lining
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.