Added Apr 22, 2012
London, United K...
A tale of two Lydias, and my first experiences with knit fabric.
The first Lydia was made with a thick cream cotton interlock given to me by a friend. Having read all of the sizing issues people seemed to have, I thought I’d cut it out at my size, but without seam allowances to allow for this. It was HUGE when finished! I took it in a bit at the sides, but the shoulders are still too big. I’m not sure how much this shows in the pictures. I was a bit disappointed – even though this was technically a muslin, the fabric is nice and it would make a nice wearable muslin. Anyway, so Lydia number two (polka dot) was cut out two sizes smaller, and still no seam allowances and it fits… just right! Now I’ve got the sizing down on this, I think it will be a useful pattern which I can use as a base for many things.
Oh, and I didn’t use the facings, I thought that was a bit weird for a t-shirt, so I sewed in a t-shirt style neckband instead.
Cream cotton interlock and polka dot cotton interlock.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Check out Meg's latest mash up and see other BurdaStyle member's variations!
Sporty dresses, oversized cardigans, and easy tops in jersey and knits.
Pattern of the Week
This boho lace top is the perfect piece to start wearing this time of year.
NEW on BurdaStyle Videos!
Becky MacKinnon will guide you through each step of sewing the stylish BurdaStyle Crossover Pant
How to Grow Your Creative Business: Expand Your Portfolio and Reach a New Market
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.