Added Oct 25, 2007
This is the Emily blouse, view B, with NO modifications at all. I wanted to be sure of my starting point because this is my first shirt and my first Burda Pattern. I followed the instructions precisely having previously consulted Nikki Shell’s “Emily recycled” how-to as well as Mirela’s “sewing a shirt collar with a collar stand” how-to. I am pleased with the results although I was not expecting the shirt to have such a formal feel (and I am not sure it actually suits me!). The collar is a little large to my taste. Next time I would like to make it feel a little blousier – I am thinking of rounding off the collar, not using interfacing, puffing and shortening the sleeves and er somehow adjusting the shoulders to put a gather in… maybe I’ll just find another pattern!
I used what I think is a light cotton but it might be blended because there was a bit of static to it when I got it out of the dryer and I didn’t think pure cotton got static. The buttons are lovely square mother of pearl.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.