Added Mar 6, 2010
This is a dress I made with many complications and hassles. That accounts for why it took me so long and why I dragged my feet.
I decided to use a stretch material for this Drape Drape pattern (no5) but with the machine I am using it was a terrible idea. I ended up having to sew every pleat and seam with tracing paper backing, and go over every seam twice. I plan on reinforcing the waistband with my serger once I return to the States.
All in all it is a very pretty dress, it moves well (sorry most of my back shots are moving!)
I altered the pattern a little to make it less revealing, good for stretch, and easier to assemble.
blogged here with more detail!
Viscose (Never again!)
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.