Added Mar 6, 2010
This is a dress I made with many complications and hassles. That accounts for why it took me so long and why I dragged my feet.
I decided to use a stretch material for this Drape Drape pattern (no5) but with the machine I am using it was a terrible idea. I ended up having to sew every pleat and seam with tracing paper backing, and go over every seam twice. I plan on reinforcing the waistband with my serger once I return to the States.
All in all it is a very pretty dress, it moves well (sorry most of my back shots are moving!)
I altered the pattern a little to make it less revealing, good for stretch, and easier to assemble.
blogged here with more detail!
Viscose (Never again!)
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.