Added Aug 2, 2012
what was supposed to be a super easy sewing project turned out to be a cursed one. it took me so long to finish this skirt, that in the end i couldn’t care less how tidy/neat i sew it, as long as it’s wearable & looks okay-ish. and even then, if you look closely, the side seams are all too tight in the wrong places. meh, whatever.
the fabric’s pleated polyester chiffon, and the lining is pre-washed viscose jersey. i used no pattern at all, and added a rubberband on the top. sounds simple, right? believe me, it wasn’t that simple when i sew it.
for the hemline, i knew that sewing it would just ruin the pleats. i thought about leaving it just as it was, but then it was too untidy. since it’s polyester, it means i can burn it & it’ll melt. doing it with candle was too hard & there’s the risk that it’ll burn the whole skirt, so in the end i did it with electric solder. it worked like a charm. :)
about 70cm of pleated polyester chiffon,
50cm of viscose tricot/jersey,
70cm of 7mm-wide rubberband.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.