Added Nov 23, 2012
Brooklyn, Ny, Un...
I made it out of a sheet because it was supposed to be a test drive, honestly I expected it to be a major fail but I am satisfied with the way it came out and will probably redo it in a nicer cotton solid. I added an inverted box pleat in the center front with partial topstitching and a box pleat in the back with full topstitching and a small tail at the hem. The neckline is finished with a bias strip, this is my first time sewing a shirt, so it is also my first time bias finishing a neckline, it is not as smooth as it could be, especially at the point in the back where the ends are joined, but it will do until I get better. The guide for bias finishing at Coletterie really helped. I am also not completely happy with the way my sleeve hem came out, unfortunately my free arm proved essentially useless for this, it is too thick! Anyway tell me what you think! Maybe in the future I will do a Peter Pan collar instead of bias. I also finished the seams neatly, I find the inside to be just as important as the outside.
beige poly/cotton blend
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.