Added Sep 3, 2013
Katy and I made playsuits!
The base of the bodice was made using the Burdastyle Bustier Top 5/2011 pattern. I altered it to include the angled shoulder strap inspired by this look in the Dolce & Gabbana 2012 ready to wear show.
To create the angled straps I actually used the bodice front and top back pieces of the Belladone dress pattern from Deer and Doe as a guide. I cut away the bodice at an angle from where the shoulder meets the neck seam to the arm scye.
For the tulip shaped, tulip print skirt I used the skirt portion of the Nicola dress from Victory Patterns. I just made a waistband the length of the top edge of the wrap skirt and added snaps and a skirt slide bar to hold it in place.
More details on the blog
I used a red cotton lawn underlined with a mid-weight red cotton for the bodice exterior, and black cotton for the lining. All the fabrics I used in the top were actually scraps from previous projects. I interfaced the lining, and used boning at the side seams.
I found the tulip print stretch cotton on Mood’s website for the lining I used red cotton lawn.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out Meg's Sweetheart Dress project and how she made it!
Hit the road in easy dresses, slouchy tees, and bootcut pants.
Be the face of one of our exclusive patterns on BurdaStyle.com!
Fashion & Trends
Swoon for these gorgeous dresses straight off the runway!
Member Project of the Week
See how just a piece of sheer satin transforms this beginner friendly dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.