Added Sep 3, 2013
Katy and I made playsuits!
The base of the bodice was made using the Burdastyle Bustier Top 5/2011 pattern. I altered it to include the angled shoulder strap inspired by this look in the Dolce & Gabbana 2012 ready to wear show.
To create the angled straps I actually used the bodice front and top back pieces of the Belladone dress pattern from Deer and Doe as a guide. I cut away the bodice at an angle from where the shoulder meets the neck seam to the arm scye.
For the tulip shaped, tulip print skirt I used the skirt portion of the Nicola dress from Victory Patterns. I just made a waistband the length of the top edge of the wrap skirt and added snaps and a skirt slide bar to hold it in place.
More details on the blog
I used a red cotton lawn underlined with a mid-weight red cotton for the bodice exterior, and black cotton for the lining. All the fabrics I used in the top were actually scraps from previous projects. I interfaced the lining, and used boning at the side seams.
I found the tulip print stretch cotton on Mood’s website for the lining I used red cotton lawn.
50 Select Red, White, and Blue patterns are 50% off!
Meg got an inside look into our new course, and see why she thinks you need to register too!
Leopard print, stripes, and mod coats for fall.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this step-by-step tutorial on how to sew these overalls with a modern twist!
This course will guide you through the process of creating an 8-piece Lingerie Collection!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.