Added Aug 7, 2009
Brooklyn, New Yo...
Made a few years ago and then worn as an assembled pirate costume.
I made it too big because I picked the size that matched my bust measurement.
I should have picked a size or two smaller so I could really cinch in my waist.
I used bias tape to cover the bones, and the bones eventually started to pop out at the top and bottom. I would recommend using cotton twill tape instead.
Grey and black paisley jacquard – cotton poly blend from joann’s, metal bones, metal busk, spaghetti shoe laces, pre-made bias tape (bad idea – should have used twill tape)
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.